Friday, December 5, 2008

Horrible Morning

I have to get a child to preschool and get to the gym to work off some hostility, but this morning has been sraight out of a horror film. We have had make-up issues for a while now. This makes it partly our fault as parents because the rule was, IF YOU WEAR TOO MUCH, WE TAKE IT AWAY. Well, suffice it to say that we caved, and warned her repeatedly. She's gone long (about 2 weeks) stretches without wearing make-up due to being grounded, but she still has trouble regulating what she wears. Well, this morning she looked like what a called a Vegas Showgirl, and one thing lead to another, and I was yelling and I even called her father, who would normally be here with us, but who is with Sam in PA for the Army/Navy game. He is an hour later than us and I still woke him up! I got so angry with her that I didn't know what to do. I am lost. She yelled and cried, I yelled and yelled some more. It was just awful. It's been proven that taking it away doesn't help. And I thought having only one teenager for the weekend would make life EASIER! Silly me!

No comments: