Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Oh, the journey


Hello!

I've decided to start a blog about daughters because, though there's a ton of material out there about raising children and/or daughters, I want more than the therapist's view. I want something local, something real-time, that walks the average mom through these rough years. I want something that doesn't represent an agenda (raising future CEO's, sports enthusiasts, body builders, etc). I will never give out personal struggle information without my daughter's permission, because this isn't a "vent" for me at my daughter's expense. I honestly want to get the best information from the best sources, on an everyday basis. A clinician's view can be helpful, but as we all know, what sounds good on paper...
I honestly don't know how much to chalk up to hormones. I also have no experience with a healthy mother/daughter relationship, so how am I to know how to do any of this? That's what I think about the most (yes, as a wing-nut recently told me, fear is unbiblical, so I'm saying "think", not "fear"), having SOMETHING salvageable at the end of these years. Because of my own history, I can't automatically assume that at the end of this we'll be friends.

1 comment:

Regent Class 6 Science Blog said...

This is a good idea. I hope you get lots of responses.
MB