Thursday, November 13, 2008

Philbrook Museum










Today after school, I took the children to the art museum. I think starting this blog has helped me make more of a concerted effort where my daughter is concerned. I've made a point to create blog entries every day, because in some way, this holds me accountable. I can't very easily log on everyday and just say that she and I fought all the way to school or I jumped on her for the fact that every other word out of her mouth is "like". I'm realizing that I do tend to pick fights or push her buttons. I test her. I look to see if she's mentally "giving me the finger". Today was very long, and the museum was just the beginning. I made Austen go back to the syrup aisle 3 times in the grocery store, because she hadn't listened to me tell her the brand I wanted her to get (the same one we've used for YEARS, go figure). She was very helpful with her little brother in the museum store, and she wasn't even rude when I insisted on turning the heat on in the car on the way to the airport. We spent a lot of time in the museum garden today, and I thought the picture of JAck and me was good (I love my new camera), so I added it, even though this isn't a "family" blog, per se.

No comments: