Sunday, November 30, 2008

I need infrastructure!

I decided that I would be better served with either a course in anger management, complete with shock treatment and heavy, psychotropic drugs, or infrastructure. By infrastructure, I mean STAFF! I seriously know a few women, moms, young women, not the over -65 crowd, who look great ALL the time, and never appear stressed. The reason, I believe, is that they all (the 3 or 4 I know) have mucho amounts of the I-word. We're talking nannies AND assistants AND full time house help AND trainers AND holiday/special occasion decorators (not a finger lifted to decorate/undecorate for the holidays). The kind of women who ALWAYS use valet parking and some of these women NEVER even fly commercial...no delays, no lost bags, no wripped bags with broken handles. OH! and nanny comes with. Now, I ask, who couldn't do with some of that? These women still spend great amounts of time with their children and are hands on parents. They also (so far as I know) have happy marriages and are not in the throes of some kind of substance abuse. I have to stop and remind myself that MOST of the women I know do not know, and will never know, this kind of lifestyle, and they seem happy enough, too. I just seem to notice the really fresh-faced (read: plastic doc on speed dial), luxury oriented women. I am still, as of this writing, under 40, and the few women I know of the above description are younger than I am. I am not a believer in previous lives, but I do wonder if I was of royal descent in another life and I was really awful, so here I am today, noticing more these women, while I have my crosses to bear with a, very often, absent husband. No one I know notices these women like I do. Maybe I'm being punished. I say all of this because the past few weeks have not been traumatic or newsworthy, but there's been a constant, barely audible, yet very present, sucking sound. I feel like I'm being slowly, cruelly drained. I told my husband that his travel schedule just has to stop, yet in this economy....I'm not STUPID. Any changes will have to wait. The minute he left for the airport, the fighting began, the antagonizing, the bullying. So, I'm feeling desperate yet again, with nothing concrete to point to as the cause. Another week of school for the children. What I need most is a new attitude.

No comments: